1/144 Bandai Star Wars Millennium Falcon Hanger Bay 3-27 Diorama (Work In Progress)

skyray

Veteran Member
Hi all, I have completed the Millennium Falcon. This was The Force Awakens version of the kit that I have converted to the Star Wars A New Hope version by adding a round satellite dish from the Shapeways 3D printing company. I used various pigments with Tamiya X20A to weather the model and Tamiya extra thin cement to chip and distress the decals. I was also lucky enough to buy a 1/144 Bandai TIE advanced and TIE fighter kit off eBay for a good price from a UK seller. These have been built and added into the hanger bay. Next I will be adding the Stormtroopers and the Darth Vader figure along with the final detailing.

7971Y1T.jpg

LHhV5T8.jpg

TT2I7RZ.jpg

T4HG6Yt.jpg

20Zxozp.jpg

xIQSTGt.jpg

byRopf1.jpg

rxjndCD.jpg

F8LOQfP.jpg

zAZWc5d.jpg

ZNc7Onk.jpg

skyray

Veteran Member
Hi everyone, another update on the diorama which is based on the scene from the first movie A New Hope. I used a Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon kit along with TIE fighter / TIE advance in the same scale and two 1/350 3D printed TIE fighters to give a force perspective. The hanger bay was made from an old polypropylene storage box that I found in the attic. Lots of scratch building and kit bashing has gone into this build, I still have an army of Stormtroopers and a Darth Vader figure to add to this diorama which will give the hanger bay a real sense of scale. Today I had another delivery of 40 3D printed Stormtroopers which I have added into the diorama, however although the build is 98% complete, the final batch of Stormtroopers should arrive early next week.

cZkXAJ6.jpg

yNrvUnU.jpg

aOasTtU.jpg

DeMFCKZ.jpg

ClrNoWo.jpg

U136LOv.jpg

wcNmY4F.jpg

gIfkLIQ.jpg

hISPCEZ.jpg

Y6bkIoi.jpg

tLuQDKY.jpg

VedwF9m.jpg