Dirk's Workbench and Musing Space

Dirkpitty289

MIDSHIPMAN
I'm trying but every time I need a color or a tool I spend an hour looking for it and in the end not finding it. It makes building a pain in the rump

This was my bench when I got back into the hobby 13 years ago. It hadn't changed much since then. Now that this has all been wiped out due to the recent sewer back up that I am still trying to recover from, I don't expect it will change much after I rebuild it. But here it is. In these photos the bench was an air hockey table, I was able to upgrade to a nicer mahogany desk that a friend of mine was getting rid of.

Unlike some of you with such grandiose work benches and spaces mine is at the back end of the finished part of my basement that I share with my family

The bench

IMG_2368.jpg~original

IMG_2369.jpg~original

IMG_2371.jpg~original

Paints

IMG_2370.jpg~original

Computer Layout

IMG_2372.jpg~original

A hodge podge of stuff on the shelves from supplies to kits to extras

IMG_2373.jpg~original

More kits

IMG_2374.jpg~original

IMG_2375.jpg~original

IMG_2376.jpg~original

Here are two of my B-17 kits that are in progress, my compressor, and in the small box are some Matchbox kits I picked up from EvilBay

IMG_2377.jpg~original

More kits under the workbench/ Hockey table

IMG_2378.jpg~original

Tucked away under the stairs

IMG_2382.jpg~original

IMG_2383.jpg~original
Your workspace area is way bigger than mine. I'm pretty much confined to a computer table, and roughly a 11x15 room to build, display and store supplies. It's getting cramped for sure. I gotta figure out something.