Proposed War of the Worlds Group Build.

Bobgregory

Veteran Member
Rules
1. The group build is open to any member of the community.
2. The group build will start on Jan. 1 and will rin until October 30. The date of Orson Welles Mercury Radio Theater broadcast.
3. Subject matter includes but is not limited to Victorian era kits, Martian war machines, martian figures, and other items from any edition of the book, movies, comic books.
4. You may show your work in progress.
5. Above all have fun

Bobgregory

Veteran Member
Last night I watched the original 1953, there are some interesting builds available. Of course the war machines; but the group build includes the military hardware which means you could doa Northrup flying wing. And I just noticed in the movie; Woody Woodpecker can be seen in a tree when the first Martian meteor lands. It was a shoutout to Walter Lantz who was good friends with director George Pal.

Bobgregory

Veteran Member
My entry

Attachments

• 20210103_104702_resized.jpg
    20210103_104702_resized.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 25

Bobgregory

Veteran Member
Since they were using stock military footage there is a cubic butt ton of military gear that could be set up. I think the initial CP just before the first fight would be a great diorama.

SteveA

Veteran Member
Oh, this is sooo tempting. I'll have to see where I'm at with the two I committed to. Still need to add a tripod and the alien from the 1950s version to my built collection.