What are you watching?

Alex

Veteran Member
Don't know about you guys but I always have some kind of background viewing on when build or working on models.

Often other YouTube channels, often favourite shows on dvd or Blu Ray.

Recently been binging the Star Trek movies I to VI, with the commentary tracks, for inspiration for the 537 build.

Right now am happily munching through the Blu Ray remastered version of The Next Generation (highly recommended), season 6.

Just watched Relics - the Scotty episode, and now Night Terrors where Reg is having issues with the transporter.

It's not just trek I watch, all kinds of classic sci-fi or cartoon show from 80s, 70s or 60s.

So what are you watching?

Post while you model!

Looking forward to hearing about your guilty pleasures, favourite shows, or forgotten gems.

Darth Buckman

Staff member
I have a huge (over 3000) watch later list on youtube, so that is usually what I watch...but I will sneak in Star Trek shows when I'm working on a starship...

Dirkpitt289

The list is long. I recently finished:

Star Trek the Next Generation (Complete series)
Star Trek Enterprise
Have Gun, Will Travel
Family Ties
The Rifleman

Currently In Progress:
Growing Pains
Stargate SG1
Marvel Movies from Beginning to End, Finished Thor Dark World tonight
Gimme A Break
2 Broke Girls
Invincible

Last edited:

Kenny Conklin

Administrator
Staff member
I heard you're not so keen on the newest remaster, which I totally get. I do like it, but it misses some of the original charm somehow.

Really should search out dvds of pre-remastered episodes before they vanish.
Amazon prime video has the original grainy ones :)

Alex

Veteran Member
The list is long. I recently finished:

Star Trek the Next Generation (Complete series)
Star Trek Enterprise
Have Gun, Will Travel
Family Ties
The Rifleman
I've got Enterprise on the 'to watch' list. Seen most of the first series, when it first aired in the UK (20 years ago?). Rewatched series 1 intending to go all the way but didn't. I do quite like Enterprise and need to give it a little respect. Maybe when I grab my 1/350 NX-01 out of storage.

Dirkpitt289

I've got Enterprise on the 'to watch' list. Seen most of the first series, when it first aired in the UK (20 years ago?). Rewatched series 1 intending to go all the way but didn't. I do quite like Enterprise and need to give it a little respect. Maybe when I grab my 1/350 NX-01 out of storage.
I remember starting to watch it when it first aired but it fell off my radar. Not sure why but I never saw a lot of it. This time I watched and loved it. I wish they did more then 4 seasons. The articles I read on where season 5 was suppose to go was intriguing and I'm disappointing we never got to see that story arch

Alex

Veteran Member
Pretty sore that I missed the boat on the 1/1000 scale nx-01 refit model, would love one to do up in TOS colours

Alex

Veteran Member
*edit* I've just looked and the recent reissue of the 1k nx-01 includes the refit parts. I had no idea! Don't think that was ever clearly advertised 🙄😁

Dirkpitt289

Pretty sore that I missed the boat on the 1/1000 scale nx-01 refit model, would love one to do up in TOS colours
It should still be out there, I bought one not that long ago. I should go get another for a variant build of it

Dirkpitt289

What I should do is start Babylon 5. I never got into it when it first came out (Life and all) but now it might work. Another show I loved back in the day that I would like to watch again would be Earth2. That show had promise.

Jalyn

Veteran Member
Been watching Mythbusters and Naked and Afraid.

This past year I rewatched DS9, all Stargates, BSG, first half of TNG, second half of Supernatural. I retried Enterprise but the characters or cast still seems B level (excluding Scott Bakula) to me.

Bobgregory

Veteran Member
I am about to start my Navy WWII binge. I start with the Sandpebbles, Tora, Tora,Tora, Battle of Coral Sea, for the first time; the new Midway, Destination Tokyo, U 525, They Were Expendable, Mr. Roberts, Operation Pacific, and then Operation Petticoat.

Dirkpitt289

I am about to start my Navy WWII binge. I start with the Sandpebbles, Tora, Tora,Tora, Battle of Coral Sea, for the first time; the new Midway, Destination Tokyo, U 525, They Were Expendable, Mr. Roberts, Operation Pacific, and then Operation Petticoat.
That is an impressive list of movies. Sandpebbles is one of my favorites. I haven't seen that in some time.

Really enjoying True Detective. The first and third season seem very much weird fiction with a kind of underlying Lovecraftian, cosmic horror to them. Given the inspiration and source material, I really think they pulled it off. The second season wasn't bad, just different, reminded me more of Chinatown, more grounded firmly in reality without pushing the bounds of obsession and madness. All in all, great detective stories (at least so far, I'm still winding through season 3 and hopeful for a season 4!)

Alex

Veteran Member
I picked up watching Enterprise, season 2.

The first disc has the following episodes:

Shockwave part 2 - bit limp really as season cliffhanger/opener. I like the idea of the Temporal Cold War, but feel Daniels was a cardboard character and the general plot was really terrible. One of the lamest time travel related shows I can remember seeing recently.

Minefield - this one introduces the Romulans (kinda) and is great, shame that that is the subplot as the 'character study' plot with the armoury/security guy (so bland I've forgotten his name)islike eating dry crackers for four hours.

Carbon Creek - odd, kinda quaint, almost a tip of the hat to City on the Edg of Forever. Nice what if episode with an emotional Vulcan.

The One with the spacestation - forgotten its title. Decent enough, bit predictable.

So, Enterprise is as dry as I remember bit when it's good, it's really good. Plus this is early season 2. It can only get better (I hope?) !